July 13, 2010 Canola Meeting Reminder
The Southwest Oklahoma and Northwest Texas Canola Production Meeting will be held July 21 in the Wilbarger County Exhibit Building, located at 2215 Harrold St. in Vernon.
“We will likely see a significant increase in acres planted to canola next year in the North Texas and Southwest Oklahoma area,” said Todd Baughman, Texas AgriLife Extension Service agronomist.
The meeting is jointly sponsored by AgriLife Extension and Oklahoma Cooperative Extension. It will run from 9 a.m. to noon, with speakers and topics as follows:
– Robert Duncan, AgriLife Extension – Production Considerations for Canola.
– Donnie Roberts, Monsanto – Canola Seed Varieties and Availability.
– Heath Sanders and Gene Neuens, Producers Cooperative Oil Mill – Production Research Update from Oklahoma and Producers Cooperative Oil Mill Information.
– Jan Townsend, Prime Ag – Things You Need to Know about Insuring Canola.
– Producers Panel – James Brockriede, Hugh Carmichael, Nathan Kreutziger, Russell Young.
Baughman said the meeting is open to all interested producers. For more information,
contact your local Extension office.